100 Happy Days

I really suck at keeping up with things like my recent foray into the #100HappyDays challenge.  OK, so maybe "foray" is not the best way to describe it.  If it were, I wouldn't be writing this particular blog post.  Several people have commented that they are concerned that maybe I'm not happy because my 100 Happy Days posts seemed to have stopped abruptly but so did almost all of my other online activity.  So I decided to get everyone caught up on the happy things in each day since my last Happy Days post on April 3rd.

April 4th, 2014 - Day 24:

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.  Why would this make me happy?  Because my doctor is awesome and he caught it early enough that I don't need medication or insulin injections and I just need to change my diet and and take an a healthier lifestyle.  If nothing else this is good motivation to do just that.  I guess KB was right in the dream I had about her several weeks before.  She said I was getting flabby and I needed to eat better... well I guess I have to comply now :-D.



April 5th, 2014 - Day 25:

Tai Chi class always makes me happy.  You really gotta try it!



April 6th, 2014 - Day 26:

This one doesn't need any explanation.  If you don't get it then we may have to reconsider our friendship. :-D



April 7th, 2014 - Day 27:

My kids are back at my house!  It's an old picture but one of my favourites.  Having my kids with me always makes me happy!  One of these days I get all four of them together and that will be an extra happy day!



April 8th, 2014 - Day 28:

A new picture of KB posted on facebook!  I love that smile and I can never have enough pictures of her.  This one made me think of the time when KB took our neighbour's little boy down to the ice cream store on the corner.  He was soooo excited I thought he was going to burst.


April 9th, 2014 - Day 29:

The heartbleed vulnerability is now widely known.  This doesn't make me exactly happy.  Being an IT security guy this is one of those scenarios that we consider a doomsday scenario.  Hypothetically, if something like this happens you turn off the lights and go home... well we didn't do that and I am happy to work with a team of brilliant people who are true professionals and we managed to deal with this situation quickly and kept all of the systems in our care safe.  It was one of those times when you realize that everything you do each day does actually make a difference.



April 10th, 2014 - Day 30:

Lunch with one of my favourite people.  I always love getting together with KB's friends but B. is one of those people who has really made a huge difference for me from the time that KB passed away until today.  She has been there to help in any way possible and has been a great friend and an incredible support.  She's just a beautiful person and happiness will just follow her throughout her life.



April 11th, 2014 - Day 31:

I went to the Bottoms Up burlesque show with Jason, Laura, Brian and Allison.  For those of you who don't know, KB had been dancing with them since 2012.  The first photo is a shot of KB dancing in the Halloween show back in 2012.  KB loved dancing and performing.  She was planning to do her first solo in this show and it was a bit sad that she didn't have the chance to do so. The show was dedicated to KB and the photographer who took the picture of her below.  Both of them passed away just a few days apart.  I also got a group hug from the Deadly Dames after the show.  It was bitter sweet but it triggered some great KB memories for me and I got to spend the evening with some of my favourite people so it was definitely a happy day!




April 12th, 2014 - Day 32:

Who doesn't love an afternoon nap?  It's not often I get to do this.  Obviously this isn't a picture of me but I'm sure I enjoyed my nap just as much.



April 13th, 2014 - Day 33:

Celebrating my friend Shauna's birthday at Leopold's!  Shauna is another one of those people who has had a big impact on my life recently.  She's an incredibly kind and giving person and she's always a lot of fun to hang out with.



April 14th, 2014 - Day 34:

I really need to get better and taking selfies when I get together with people.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture for this day but I got together with my cousin Tracy who I hadn't seen in probably 25 years.  We had lunch and had a great chat.



April 15th, 2014 - Day 35:

Lori introduced me to this concert from 2007.  Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City.  Great show and it made me think of some of KB's favourite Dave Matthews songs and the conversations we had about them.  A good performance that sparks good memories always makes me happy!



April 16th, 2014 - Day 36:

I gave out my first Ripple Kindness card today with a gift for someone who really needed it.  It was great to see how easy it can be to turn someone's day/week around just by doing something kind.




April 17th, 2014 - Day 37:

Hanging out with my boy eating burgers and watching Top Gear (UK version of course).  Supper cars and greasy, belly busting burgers... that's a good day!  Yes, I know, you guys are thinking "But what about Day 24?"  Well after many days of eating healthy a small cheat makes me extra happy :-D.



April 18th, 2014 - Day 38:

Lunch with my favourite Aussie!  I almost forgot how much I enjoyed hanging out with Miss Pippa.  When Pippa first came to Canada I was her "Hippy Driver" as she called me.  We worked for the same company and became good friends.  I also acted as a translator for her until she lost her Aussie accent enough so that other Canadians could understand her.  It was great to see you again Pippa and I'm looking forward to having you and Chris over for supper soon!



So there you have it folks.  My happy days are up to date and as you can see I have lots of things in my life that make me happy.  It's not hard to find at least one thing to make me happy every day but, as you can see, the recurring theme in almost every happy day is having friends, family and people who love you and care for you.  It's clear to me that the people in my life are ultimately the thing that makes me happy and they make each day better.  It's also clear to me that I have an opportunity to make other people happy by caring for all of those people who make a difference in my own life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Had a Dream

The Last Letter

Internal Harmony