To K.B.



Love, Chris

Comments

  1. I'm a blubbering mess here. One of my favourite songs, but never listened to it in this context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah me neither. I was listening to music yesterday while I was working and this song came on and just the chorus triggered a little stream of tears so I listened to it again. That's the thing about art, be it a painting, music or written work, the emotion that it draws from us can change depending on our own perspective at a point in time and then when we see it from the perspective of others it can change the emotional connection to the work. That's exactly why we should never hide the things we create because we only see it from our narrow perspective and not sharing it deprived the world of the opportunity to feel something deep and meaningful. Art is not about what we create but about the emotions that we draw out of people with that creation... I think I'm just blabbering now. Keep in mind that I failed Art History in University because my prof didn't like my appreciation of a piece so take all of that with a grain of salt :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.

    I heard a CBC interview with the producer who first signed Jann Arden. Apparently, the first time he listened to her, he didn't think she was all that great. But then, a few months later, he'd just gone through a rough break-up and popped her demo CD in the player. Completely different response to her music. Thank God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Had a Dream

The Last Letter

Internal Harmony