Hold On




I haven't listened to Sarah McLachlan in about 10 years but I did own a copy of Mirrorball at one time.  Admitting such things publicly usually results in having your man card revoked but I would argue that real men don't need a card to prove their manhood and implying that listening one of the forces behind Lilith Fair is not a guy thing to do is just genderist... but that's probably a post for another day...

Anyway, since KB died I don't think that I've really had the opportunity to grieve.  There were funeral arrangements and paperwork for the federal government, paperwork for insurance people, paperwork for KB's work benefits, banking appointments, endless phone calls, organ transplant discussions, the list goes on and on and on.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining even though the tone of the words that spew out when I tell people sound very much like complaining.  The truth is, I'm happy to do whatever I have to to make sure our kids are taken care of and that KB knows that everything is taken care of.  I would do absolutely anything for her. Even if she's not with me physically she is always with me in my heart and wanting to do things for her to show her I love her is not something that I can just turn off.

Anyway, I have decided that it might be healthy to set aside some time to grieve every day even if it's only an hour.  I'm not sure where I got this idea from but I just feel like I need a safe time and place to let my feelings out whatever they may be.  The only problem with that is you may not feel like letting those feelings out at the time so you need a catalyst.

And with that, I will turn in my man card because I have purchased another copy of Mirrorball specifically for this song.  For those of you who like to read along, here are the lyrics:

Hold on, hold on to yourself
For this is gonna hurt like hell

Hold on, hold on to yourself
You know that only time will tell
What is it in me that refuses to believe
This isn't easier than the real thing

My love, you know that you're my best friend
You know I'd do anything for you
My love, let nothing come between us
My love for you is strong and true

Am I in Heaven here or am I
At the crossroads I am standing
So now you're sleeping peaceful
I lie awake and pray
You'll be strong tomorrow and we'll
See another day and we will praise it
And love the light that brings a smile
Across your face

Oh, God if you're out there won't you hear me
I know that we've never talked before
Oh, God the man I love is leaving
Won't you take him when he comes to your door

Am I in Heaven here or am I in hell
At the crossroads I am standing
So now you're sleeping peaceful
I lie awake and pray
That you'll be strong tomorrow and we'll
See another day and we will praise it
And love the light that brings a smile

Now you're sleeping peaceful
I lie awake and pray
That you'll be strong tomorrow and we'll
See another day and we will praise it
And love the light that brings a smile
Across your face

Hold on, hold on to yourself
For this is gonna hurt like hell

Comments

  1. Had never heard this. The lyrics are hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are... I should probably expand on this entry a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for expanding. I had never thought of setting aside time to grieve, but it's not a bad idea, especially when there are times when you really can't just let your feelings go.

    I dreamt about her last night, and may blog about it. How perfect is it that she would visit me in my dreams?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Had a Dream

The Last Letter

Internal Harmony